Staff Night Showdown
Fun fact about Ray Reiss, the namesake of Ray’s Bucktown Bed and Breakfast, he’s a crack-shot poker player. Once a year he makes a point of showing off these well-honed poker skills at staff poker night. This year, though, the staff also came to play. After a long and uphill battle of chips and wits, it was not Ray but our Manager, Kelly who came out victorious. It was truly epic, y’all. I’m sure Ray is already looking for a rematch.
That poker game wasn’t the only competition of the night. Pre-poker, we had a Taco Showdown. First, we ordered beef tacos from every taco joint within a 3/4 radius (that’s six places!). Then, we took notes and voted on the quality of tacos, and yes, I finished all six. The winners are as follows:
And, if we’ve inspired you to either play poker or get into the Latin-American spirit, here’s some inspiration for ya:
1. National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts and Culture, Humbolt Park. The only museum focused solely on Puerto Rican Culture in the US, free parking and admission, and close to Ray’s, surely the making of a lovely afternoon.
2. Pilsen Murals, Pilsen. This walk of mosaic and mural, established by the Chicago Urban Art society, makes for a lovely outing in an eclectic neighborhood.
3. National Museum of Mexican Art, Pilsen. With one of the largest collections of Mexican Art in the US, this awe-inspiring museum is a can’t miss.
4. Horseshoe Hammond Casino, Hammond, IN. If you’re looking for a real casino experience, the drive out of Chicago is certainly worth it!
5. Gamblers, Albany Park. Darts, Poker, Pool, drink specials, what more could you ask for?